Friday, December 28, 2007

Does this make my mother slightly more hip than I?

I had to use the manual to operate my mother's washing machine tonight. It took me 5 minutes to just figure out where to put the detergent. Then another 5 to 10 minutes figuring out where to turn it on (which actually means, how do I get all the digital readings to glow?), then another 10 minutes figuring out cycles and rinses and everything else. But then when I finally went to actually begin the cycle. It wouldn't work. So, I refer to my 4 inch thick manual. 10 more minutes of reading and I figure out it's because I didnt press the second start button soon enough after making all of my various selections, so I had to start all over again. All this just so I can have a clean pair of jeans to wear to a stupid high school band reunion that I desperately do not want to attend but am being dragged to kicking and screaming by my lovely (and slightly nerdy) sister in law whom I love dearly. Ugh and @#!*

2 comments:

Joshua said...

So does this mean that we can no longer make fun of Steve for not being able to work your washing machine?

Anonymous said...

Ugh... This means Dad will be calling me to figure it out. I will refer him to you :)