Monday, January 30, 2006

One leak shy of a trailer

My house is falling apart, and it's not even mine, we are just renting. First, our dryer completely broke, so they ordered us a new one but it's on backorder, so in the meantime we are drying our clothes in another townhome. If I was in warm sunny Arizona I suppose I could just hang them out to dry but since it is cold and damp here they would never dry. But if I was in Arizona I would be living in a home I own, with my own dryer that worked. But since that is not the case, I will just have Steve wade through rain and mud to take our wet laundry to another dryer in the complex. There is no way in hell I'm doing that. Although how fun that sounds, carrying a basket of wet laundry, with Avrie in the sling, and holding an umbrella because it's been raining for the past 6 months, listening to Cailin complain about...something. No, that's Steve's job, but he doesn't seem to mind too much. I mean, the clothes are half his.
Lets see what else. Oh yeah, we have a huge water leak in the roof of our upstairs hallway. The complex doesn't seem to be too concerned with this damage since they have yet to return my phone call, oh well, it's their unsound structure.
Ooohh, do you know what I just reminded myself about? Did you know the area I live in Seattle is referred to as the Pugent Sound. Does that sound weird to you? Maybe even a little dirty? It does to me. Every time I hear someone say it I'm like a little kid giggling every time their health teacher says the word penis or something like that. I can't stand the words Pugent Sound. It just doesn't sound right. I don't know if I'll ever get use to it.
Okay, back to my lovely home. The outlet in my bathroom will not hold any of my appliances in. It's driving me crazy! My hair dryer won't stay in, my straight iron, my curling iron. I get so irrated while I'm doing my hair. It's a loose outlet, the plugs just barely hold on, and if you put any tension at all on the cord, out it pops and you have to plug it in again. This is most irratating with my straight iron because each time it pops off I not only have to plug it in again, I also have to turn it back on and reset the temperature. It's a big pain in the ass.
My fan in the master bathroom doesn't work, which is not a huge deal, but it would be nice to have it just in case.
Oh, this isn't something that is necessarily broken, just an irratating thing that I will have to rectify myself. All the shelves in the medicine cabinet are precariouly perched on top of lopsided pegs so if you place anything on the shelf to somehow throw off the universal balance of it all, watch out, its like a domino effect, everything from all 3 shelves collapses into one big heap of cosmetics onto your bathroom counter. It's great fun.
The strainer to the kitchen sink completely disintegrated in my hands. I was going to buy a new one but they actually cost a little more than I was willing to spend. I'll just buy a rubber stopper next time I'm at the store.
That's about all the happenings in our home right now. The kicker to it all is the Mainetenance man only fixes one thing at a time. So, if I give him a list (which I have) he only comes in and does one thing every few weeks. He's not reverred for his speed. Plus every time he comes into my house he leaves a beatiful aroma of sweat and cigarettes. What sweet smells.
My friend Allison had a baby today. After 4 wonderful boys she finally had a girl. Wow, 4 older brothers, how fun. I hope she gets her own bathroom as a teenager. 10 lbs 5 oz, 22 inches long. I'm so excited for her.
I met some wonderful people at my new and correct ward on Sunday. Lots of kids Cailin's age, and not a single obvious weirdo among the young moms. But, its all new, Im sure they are there, just give them time to emerge. That doesn't mean there aren't any in the ward, there are and that is the person I choose to sit next to in Relief Society. She kept taking Avrie's toys and placing them close to herself, trying to entice Avrie to come close to her. Avrie didn't take the bait, I was surprised. Maybe she was blessed with a 6th sense. Good thing too, there are lots of whack jobs out there that you constantly have to fend off.
One lady called me today to invite me to a playgroup they have every Wednesday. I had already heard about it, from just about every single person I talked to on Sunday, men included. They said its just a time for the moms to sit around and talk while we ignore our kids. Just what I want. No hide-and-go-seek in this group. Plus, a bonus, the lady I talked to today had given birth to her last son at home with a midwife and there is another lady who had all her kids at home. Hallelujah, they do exist in Seattle. I still have yet to see another person breastfeeding but I'm sure they are there somewhere. One lady at the first ward I attended had popped her head into the Mother's lounge while I was nursing Avrie, when I invited her in, she said "No thankyou, I'll just go nurse in another room." Like I said the crazies are there, I don't have to look hard for them, they usually find me. I'll keep my eye out for an exposed nipple...I can't wait.
Well, Avrie is stirring in her sleep, I can always tell when she is about to wake up. I hope it doesn't rain all day tomorrow. I hate getting the kids in and out of the car in the rain, it really sucks. Although it's not much worse than putting kids into carseats that have been toasting in 120 degrees. Okay, okay, let's not fight, they are both awful. Winter in Seattle and Summer in Arizona, it's a dead tie. I have to say that but I don't really believe it.
Goodnight

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just think: all that rain IS good for something. Look around you and take in some of that beautiful NW landscape and plantlife!!!! It's GREEN. You really should take up gardening, it helped me understand the purpose of seasons.