Sunday, April 02, 2006

My very own March Madness

I have been a complete slacker when it comes to this blog. The problem is the traffic here in the Puget Sound. I have complained about all the incredibly irritating and annoying drivers and roads and signs and I have finally come to accept all of the roadway faults of the greater Seattle area. So I am calling a truce, I am raising my white flag to all the 1 mph turners, green light sitters, 10 mph under speeders, no sense of urgency putters, am I allowed to turn right on a red questioners, slow down at the green light drivers, and the just plain stupid and slow ones. Continue on with your annoying driving habits, I know I can't change you. I am just one driver from a big city. So, pay attention to my honks, be aware of me in the lane next to you and just get out of my way, and we should all get along just fine in this small suburb of Seattle.
So, the real reason for this blog. I am absolutely amazing!!! For those of you that know me, you know how much I despise basketball. I didn't use to hate it as much as I do. At least I didn't mind it too much, but that was all before I met my husband, Steve. You see, if is a complete basketball fanatic. Since we have had kids he has most definitely calmed down a ton. But the love, the passion, the desire to be a part of the game in any way, shape or form still lies deep down in his very bones. I, on the other hand, can barely tolerate the sound of it on my television.
So, to all basketball fans the past 2 weeks are some of the most important days of their entire year...March Madness!! Every year, Steve enters a March Madness pool. Meaning, they pick teams, pool money, watch games, get points and award winners. It's a silly ritual, but for some reason I really wanted to be a part of it. I have asked in the past to to participate in this little game they play and this is the first year I have entered on my own.
Steve brought home my very own sheet to fill out. I completed it in less than 5 minutes. You start out with something like 60 teams, and then narrow it down to the final winning team. By the way these are College Basketball teams. I chose the names I have heard of, nothing more calculating than that. Well, guess what?
I WON!! First place!!! $300!!!!
So, as I said before, I am freakin' amazing!!
Steve said the only reason I won was because there were a lot of upsets. But I told him, for every upset, there is a very happy team, and those happened to be my teams.
Avrie just woke up and I hate nursing while Im typing. So, I will leave you with that excitement for me. I'm going to buy myself a computer armoire with my money so my bedroom doesn't look like a cubicle at some sales office.
Good night.

PS. We switched our clocks for the time zone change today. Im from Arizona, living in Washington and I'll check back with y'all about this idiotic thing we all do with our clocks. It's like setting your alarm clock 15 minutes earlier so you're on time to work, but we all know it's set 15 minutes earlier so we still sleep in. But, I'm going to bed now its 11:30pm...or is it????

2 comments:

April said...

Wow! I hadn't heard that you won. I'm so excited for you. Your very own armoire. Too bad you don't already have a computer armoire, you could be getting your shoe armoire. Maybe next year!

Heather said...

You are awesome Jenny!! Woo Hoo for you! $300, I hope you can spare some for a trip to the spa or something.

I know you are in town- so CALL ME!