I am about 2 seconds away from watching this computer fly through my 2 story window. I'm also pretty close to threatening my husband with purchasing a MAC and saying adios to this piece of crap PC.
It has had a permanent error message for the past 6 months every time the computer is turned on. We do nothing except minimize it and continue on our way. The only thing this error message accomplishes is making me feel like a complete idiot for tolerating it on a daily basis and reminding me that my husband is smart in a lot of areas, accomplished and talented in many things. Computers and cars...these are not his fortes!
Our computer is now as slow as a Seattle driver making a right turn. But only 75% of the time. The other 25% of the time a huge beam of light shines down on me from above allowing me to check my email, blogs, yahoo groups and a couple sites before it starts to rain all over my parade and starts taking 1 million minutes to open up a dumb email.
Just now, as I was attempting to do some research on vacuums, our 13 year old cleaning machine croaked, he had a good life, its time to move on, something more powerful, fancier, safer with all its parts and no duct tape on the cord. I digress...
When I went to type in the URL, the Internet completely shut off, I tried it over and over and over and over and over....then I noticed, if I type the URL v..e..r..y s..l..o..w..l..y then it would work. This is the dumbest problem I have ever encountered on a computer. Then even when I was typing in my password for Blogger, when I typed fast, there goes my Internet. When I typed slow, it worked. Bizarre.
I hate computers (I love them) I hate computers (I love them) I hate computers (I love them)...
To top it off, when I picked up the phone to call my computer savvy brother...my phone instantaneously died!