Thursday, June 07, 2007

blah blah blah blah

In about 34 hours my munchkins and I will be flying to Arizona, leaving our beautiful Pacific NW weather for hot! My girls are going to die. Every time we get in the car now (its only 64 degrees) all I hear is "hot hot hot hot hot" until I roll down her (Avrie) window. But its all going to be worth it. I get to see 3 new babies, Tyler (2mos), Christopher and Riley (3 weeks)! My whole reason for braving the Arizona summer heat.
Why is it that there is absolutely no way to get Avrie to sleep for a nap during the day, nursing...no! driving across town...no! threats...no! ignoring...no! But let me tell you, come 5pm and her Majesty is finally ready to be lulled to sleep, I don't think so. So, now I have to somehow deal with a cranky 2 year old for another 2 1/2 hours until I can safely put her to sleep. Grrrr!
Tomorrow is Cailin's last day of preschool, she actually has 2 more weeks but since we will be gone, tomorrow is her last. They had another week tacked on because of snow days, crazy wind storms, power outages, you know normal NW weather stuff. She's downstairs right now making a card for one of her teacher Helen. Just a minute ago she comes trotting up the stairs to ask how to spell Helen Keller (her school next year), I gladly spelled it for her but now I wonder if she thinks her teacher Helen is somehow linked to her school Helen Keller. Hmmm, oh well, she's a preschool teacher, she'll get it. Avrie is sitting next to me folding all of the drawings she just made into crazy little lengths and squares of paper, every once in a while she blurts out "mommy, eat" or "mommy nani", I ignore her commentary.
Today was such a boring day, I have absolutely nothing to tell you about. I worked out, took Cailin to school, did a little shopping, came home, did laundry, packed, entertained Avrie, watched Oprah. blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah......Steve wont be home till late, he has a final tonight, then he usually goes out with friends afterwards. Maybe I can convince him to take tomorrow off, call in sick? Hmmmm, I'll try.
Okay, better go find out if the markers stayed on the table, and if my kids actually need to eat dinner of if they are okay with just fruit and cereal. Lets all cross our fingers for the latter because that's what I'm in the mood for. Bye

No comments: